Bob’s Bacon MEATBOX
$5 OFF YOUR FIRST MEATBOX
Use Code MEATBOX5 at checkout
Bring home the bacon! Bob was a founding member of our WG family and is our longest running employee. He kept asking over and over again for a bacon box and here it is! Now, you too can bring home some of the best bacon in the Midwest! Premium sliced bacon from Webster City Custom Meats is handpicked from the finest USDA hogs. The trimmed, extra lean bellies are cured and smoked to a golden brown for that true country flavor. A delicious entrée or a wonderful addition to any sandwich or meal. don’t BLTs or homemade barbeque baked beans sound delicious? Or maybe some candied bacon for dessert?!
- Sampler MEATBOX – 6 pounds of bacon (frozen)
- 2 pounds Smoked Pepper Bacon: pepper is hand rubbed on the select, lean, trimmed bellies before cooking and then hickory smoked to perfection.
- 2 pounds Applewood Smoked Bacon: smoked with real applewood chips.
- 2 pounds Hickory Double Smoked: smoked with certified hickory wood chips. Smoked twice for extra flavor.
- Applewood Smoked Bacon MEATBOX – 6 pounds Applewood Smoked bacon (frozen): smoked with real applewood chips.
- Smoked Pepper Bacon MEATBOX – 6 pounds Smoked Pepper Bacon (frozen): pepper is hand rubbed on the select, lean, trimmed bellies before cooking and then hickory smoked to perfection.
We keep our bacon frozen. 40-60 day refrigerated shelf life after receiving your product.
If you are interested in bulk quantities of any of our premium meats, please contact us!
It’s bacon, pretty self-explanatory. But here are a couple of ideas!
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
First, preheat the oven to 375° F.
Next, line a baking sheet pan with a silicone liner, parchment paper, or foil. You want to avoid having the bacon stick to the sheet pan.
Lay the slices of bacon onto the tray until the sheet pan is full. Depending on how many slices of bacon you have and the size of your sheet pan, you may need to use two pans. See below for tips on cooking bacon in the oven.
Add the brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to a small bowl and stir to combine.
Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the bacon slices and use your hands to pat the sugar down onto the bacon, making sure you cover all of the bacon.
Crockpot Baked Beans:
- 32 oz can pork and beans
- 1 lb bacon cooked crisply and crumbled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
Combine all your ingredients in a 2.5 quart crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- 4 large chicken breasts bone-in
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic or onion powder
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Remove any chicken skin from each breast and discard. Sprinkle the chili and garlic (or onion) powder evenly over all four chicken breasts. Wrap a slice of bacon over the top of each breast, tucking the ends underneath. (See Note 1)
Place the chicken in a greased 13×9” baking dish. Brush each chicken breast with BBQ sauce.
Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes depending on size of chicken. Baste once if desired while it bakes. Chicken should be done when thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast meat reads 165°F.